Scott YardleyInstitute For Econometric Research
Institute For Econometric Research, Deerfield Beach, FL
Systems Admin, May 1994 – May 1996
- Hired as Service & Support Assistant to System Administrator. Promoted to Systems Administrator.
- Maintain/administered/24hr on-call for these networks: 120 user Novell network, Apple networks & Microsoft networks. I diagnosed, fixed or referred problems. Researched, advised and managed network design. Installed new network hardware. Laid & crimped BNC and twisted pair wire.
- Perform data backups and disaster recovery operations.
- Responsible to setup and repair all workstations (hardware, drivers, OS and software installations).
- First to respond to any terminal problems. Determined and referred terminal repair and server side problems.
- Skillset: Novell 3.x & 4.x network, local talk & Quark Server, NT, Workgroups, TCPIP, IPX/SPX. Wrote DOS batch routines, Visual Basic, Clipper to ease maintenance and management.